Develop the next generation circumvention technology
As the GFW (the so-called great firewall) gets more and more advanced, circumvention technology needs to keep up. We are developing the next generation circumvention technology using machine learning to optimize performance. We are looking for a new developer to join our team.
At the moment we are exclusively focused on Android devices.
We are an organization working on human rights and internet freedom-related issues. Our entire team works remotely (during pandemics and otherwise) and the successful candidate will also work on a remote basis. GreatFire.org is an organization that monitors censorship and promotes free speech online, particularly in China. We are united by a belief in universal rights to access information and the ability to use technology to defend these rights.
Senior Android Developer
The technology you will work on will be used in:
In the future we are planning to add:
Reporting to a senior manager, you will work closely with our technical staff. This position is available immediately. While this position is available on a project basis, there may be an opportunity for similar full-time employment in the future to continue work on these and other projects.
- Android development (Java and/or C)
- Chinese language proficiency
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Knowledge of secure communications and privacy practices
- Ability to meet and prioritise multiple deadlines in a constantly developing environment
- Previous experience in Android development is required
Extra points for:
- ML experience
- Chromium experience
More about the position:
- All work is remote
- Flexible work hours
- Competitive pay
- This position is available immediately.
We are a global human rights organization and consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
We value applicants with diverse backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences.
All our team members work anonymously and use secure communication methods and we require the candidate to understand these safety measures.
How to Apply
- Do not send us your CV!
- Do send us your vision for the next generation of circumvention technology
- If you have worked on relevant projects, and if it is secure to do so, do send us links to software and/or code
- If we find you interesting, we may ask you to start by working on a demo of a circumvention concept